Deathmobile Update=Pay to win?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deathmobile Update=Pay to win?

Post by Cybercynic on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm

https://getsatisfaction.com/deadzone/topics/changelog_v1_091_deathmobile_update

After reading the thread, not many people are happy and some have stated that they will walk out. I say this is a mistake, but has Con signed DZ's death warrant?

I have the utmost respect for Mr. Condon and I wish to see him succeed, but there is a line between providing an open source game and pay to win, and he is treading on it.

Cybercynic
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deathmobile Update=Pay to win?

Post by ThrobbinHood on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm

I understand how people resent the "free to play, pay to win" aspect of a game. The issue with this game is that there isn't too much separating people who pay and those who don't. For the most part, gear and equipment is the same. Speeding up return times means you get to run more missions...for the same loot that non-paying players will receive on their own (or already found).

The only real plus I see to speeding up a return time is that your base spends less time being unprotected from raiders. I'm actually supportive of that fact (maybe I'm biased, I hate getting hit when I'm not home, and the raiders still feel compelled to break everything). But unless there is a real large gap between paying and non paying players, I don't think we should feel too angry about it.
ThrobbinHood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linden Brah on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:42 pm

the game is easier if you pay for upgradign the Deathmobile, it jsut allows you to play faster, level up faster, too hectic in my opinion

Linden Brah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybercynic on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 am

Linden Brah wrote:the game is easier if you pay for upgradign the Deathmobile, it jsut allows you to play faster, level up faster, too hectic in my opinion

Care to elaborate?

Cybercynic
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporal Hicks on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Bought it a while back. Just makes it so much easier.
Although no matter how far away I do a mission, it's always less than 5 minutes return (Which is basically instant with the Deathmobile). I guess the other options are for future expanses.

It basically means you can send out the same team immediately after you have completed your last mission (After a few clicks). Or they are available for Base defence right away.

I like it, instead of 1 or 2 missions and upgrading, you can spend hours sending out the same team over and over throughout the evening.

If you want it, you have to shell out for it though.
Corporal Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top